Saturday 14 January 2012

ON THE RISE


by~Leon Benson (2007)


"Sometimes we gotta get knock down to get up."-Mistkil


im at the crossroads
whic way should i go,
The world is so full of vanity
ive fallen on the floor,
And just the other nite...
i gotta visit from Gabriel
inviting me into the book of life,
How could i turn downthe invitation to the pearly gates,
So full of spiritual
transcendence
i got the shakes,


i was alone
but you were there,
Allowing me to endure
the pains i could bear,
Thoughout my lifetime
i took the loss,
Behind every other corner
was a holocaust,
i was man child
lost in the streetz,
being grown,
Notseeing my blessings
to teach the weak;
nor my strength
to lead the strong,


So i was punished
with the pains of the people
of different hoods,
Who ghetto struggles
are so often misunderstood,


Now i realize
it wasnt you forsaken me,
Here's all my trust,
Although in prison
im alive & free,
with no where to go
...but up, [smile]


PERSPECTIVE: When you are at your lowest in life you have no choice but to rise. This is the lesson from my wrongful imprisonment. Dont get me wrong its no walk in the park. Sometime its hell tryna get out this bunk. But no matter what i gotta be on the rise; this apply toanyone in my belief.


Only thing that can keep us down is ourselves mainly due to pride, ignorance, &/or laziness. Bad situations has a way to wake upour hearts, mind, & actions to do & be better. Then, we're on the rise.


TRUTH NEVER DIES, IT RISES ABOVE THE OBSCURITY OF LIES. uhuru sasa

No comments:

Post a Comment